IT Security & Compliance Careers
NOC Support Engineer
Primary functions consist of helpdesk support engineer for InfoSight customers and administration of InfoSight’s internal IT resources. Requires strong networking, troubleshooting and problem solving skills to efficiently and effectively identify problems and apply appropriate solutions.
Leads and advocates innovation and new techniques to improve client satisfaction and promote operating efficiencies while maintaining established business practices and guidelines. Responsible for daily system administration and the operational effectiveness of the Network Operations Center (NOC). This candidate is also responsible for the timely completion of necessary paperwork for billing.
If you're interested in joining our team, submit your resume.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND SKILLS
- Respond to critical alerts and events from managed client networks via direct interaction or escalation to onsite engineers
- Manage the design and implementation of the NOC’s policies and procedures including documented procedures for implementation of Managed Services at client networks
- Responsible for the day-to-day operations of our 24x7 NOC/SOC including backups, security monitoring, patches and updates to servers, routers, switches, IDS, firewalls, etc.
- Administrating and troubleshooting capabilities within Windows Server 2008 and 2012
- Administrating and troubleshooting capabilities within Windows 7 and Windows 10 workstations and laptops
- Track trouble tickets, work orders and other tasks through completion
- Follow up on open issues and maintain awareness of daily system activity
- Monitor and track system faults and hardware performance using all available tools
- Coordinate with Technical Services Managers to assign corrective action tasks to the field service workforce and follow up as needed
- Ensure that paperwork for billing, service database and issue maintenance is completed in a timely fashion.
- Function as the primary point of contact with end users and other support staff for determination, resolution and escalation of any issues that can be solved via Managed Service Systems
- Network Administration functions to the internal InfoSight converged networks
- Perform Project Management and Service Engineering functions as assigned by Technical Services Manager.
Attention to detail, commitment to tasks, solid communication skills, team player, able to produce high quality work, a self-motivator with flexibility, advanced computer skills, and productive work habits is required. Must have strong verbal and written communication skills and be able to work in a stressful environment managing multiple priorities with little supervision.
Candidate must have vast experience in the design, implementation and support of Microsoft AD infrastructure, VMWare, Dell Servers, HP Servers, and Dell SonicWALL. Candidate should have working experience with routers, switches and security devices.
InfoSight offers an opportunity for uncapped income in the rapidly growth industries of Cybersecurity and Managed Security Services, a competitive benefit package for full-time employees, and a great environment for career growth. At InfoSight, our suite of solutions are powerful, effective and innovative. Put your career on a secure path forward!
InfoSight is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to hiring a diverse work team (EEO/AA).